Inquiry programs for 4th axis tormaching program

CNC artistic applications including but not limited to sculptures, engrave, 3d puzzle, cardboard furniture, planes, models
Tess

Inquiry programs for 4th axis tormaching program

Postby Tess » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:07 am

Hello all
Currently i have been using the nx daily day at work because that's all that is available. I would however like to do an independent cam program assignment at my home. I therefore need something simple that i can engage in doing actual 4th axis programming at my home. I own Bobcad v23 but it will not do a continuous spiral x, and z 4th axis machine program. If nothing comparable to nx then I will just continue my standard route of staying at work a bit extra to do my programs.

BlueWhale

Re: Inquiry programs for 4th axis tormaching program

Postby BlueWhale » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

I have been using the SprutCam for some time now and it quite good. It functions very well with 4th axis programming. Just take your time to master the order of operations and terms. How often will you be using it? It will cost you more than $1000. Is it worth the amount of work you will be doing?

Tess

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 pm

I will use it more than often. It will mainly be used for prototype work. So it could worth it if it is good.

BlueWhale

Postby BlueWhale » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Tess wrote:I will use it more than often. It will mainly be used for prototype work. So it could worth it if it is good.

SprutCam could be the best for you then. It has great features and benefits as compared to other Cam software.

Star

Postby Star » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:25 pm

BlueWhale wrote:SprutCam could be the best for you then. It has great features and benefits as compared to other Cam software.

Yeah sprutcam is really good. The new versions are really doing the job well and are massively being used.

BlueWhale

Postby BlueWhale » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Once you learn how to use the Spratcum, it is really very impressive. Its multiplier is higher than that of any Cam software.

Gonzaleh

Postby Gonzaleh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:31 pm

For the 4th axis, I recommend sprutcam too. I however spent some nights trying to get through the learning curve. Do you have any Cam experience already? Because this is really necessary.

samHidalgo

Postby samHidalgo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Tess wrote:Hello all
Currently i have been using the nx daily day at work because that's all that is available. I would however like to do an independent cam program assignment at my home. I therefore need something simple that i can engage in doing actual 4th axis programming at my home. I own Bobcad v23 but it will not do a continuous spiral x, and z 4th axis machine program. If nothing comparable to nx then I will just continue my standard route of staying at work a bit extra to do my programs.

Try DeskProto. It is also a good one.

Tess

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks guys, Learning is not my worry at all. I am good at grasping things faster. My worry is whether the software will do exactly what I want it to do. I have good experience in cam. I use ug at work every day but its takes a tooth to acquire it.

Return to “Artistic applications for CNC”