Guide Me to Purchase Machine

Here you can talk about anything you want that doesn't fall under any other heading
Penguins0ften

Guide Me to Purchase Machine

Postby Penguins0ften » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello
It has taken me 8 solid months trying to find the best CNC machine. Despite all that time, I can’t figure out which machine will best suit my purpose. The reason it has taken me this long is because I want a machine that leaves room for growth over the next 15 to 20 years. I love woodworking and looking for a good machine that can do great wood works. I can’t choose between Shopsabre and ShopBot. Which of these two would you advice me to buy and why? Or should I go for the cheap Chinese machines? I am green in this field, I have however learned a lot of basics and I am sure to get the rest in my finger tips with 2 months

falanyani

Re: Guide Me to Purchase Machine

Postby falanyani » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Penguins0ften wrote:Hello
It has taken me 8 solid months trying to find the best CNC machine. Despite all that time, I can’t figure out which machine will best suit my purpose. The reason it has taken me this long is because I want a machine that leaves room for growth over the next 15 to 20 years. I love woodworking and looking for a good machine that can do great wood works. I can’t choose between Shopsabre and ShopBot. Which of these two would you advice me to buy and why? Or should I go for the cheap Chinese machines? I am green in this field, I have however learned a lot of basics and I am sure to get the rest in my finger tips with 2 months

I love Shopsabre due to heavy construction. Heavy machines are good in providing a solid beginning for heavy cutting. But if you are looking to work on light materials then ShopBot is good.. Cheers!

Kambarage

Postby Kambarage » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Or should I go for the cheap Chinese machines?
My advice is that you buy a machine that comes with good technical support. Don’t just go for a cheap machine. What if some issues come up on the way? Will you be able to get good customer support? If you want an ornament in your workshop after a year, then buy the Chinese…

Billing

Postby Billing » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:26 pm

I have never used the two machines but I would recommend the ShopBot because I have seen that a lot of people seem to like it and are using it. You will access support whenever you need some help.

Bassett

Postby Bassett » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm

I have however learned a lot of basics and I am sure to get the rest in my finger tips with 2 months
Learning will never take only two months in CNC, new things come and you will learn till the day you will retire…

Penguins0ften

Postby Penguins0ften » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks guys, I have also spent some time researching on Probotix and I found more positive feedbacks. Confusing!

TheMachine

Postby TheMachine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Penguins0ften wrote:Thanks guys, I have also spent some time researching on Probotix and I found more positive feedbacks. Confusing!

Come on! A positive review doesn’t mean that a machine is good. Remember if somebody has used only one machine and is satisfied, they will praise that machine. Should they try another which is twice as efficient, what will they say about the later? Don’t even think of buying a Probotix

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Find a good machine from BadogCNC. Here you will get relatively cheap machines that can do all sorts of CNC work including foam cutting, carving, engraving, milling 3D printing and more.

Return to “General Discussion”