Starting a CNC milling business

Here you will find posts on ideas or dreams for the entrepreneur or small business who wants to utilise CNC or just general brainstorming to make money with a cnc machine
T3hTig3r

Starting a CNC milling business

Postby T3hTig3r » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:41 am

Hey guys, I would like to start a milling business using CNC. I have been formulating a business plan and looking around for the best machine offers. However, I am quite new to this and I would like to get a general overview of the industry. How do I put my foot through the door? Are there any hurdles to watch for? Any trick and shortcut would greatly be appreciated. Regards -tiger

_Twain_
Site Admin

Re: Starting a CNC milling business

Postby _Twain_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:45 am

Putting the foot through the door is easy, you don't need to be taught that derp… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5so95n
Site Admin

Postby 5so95n » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:47 am

Hey Tiger, I would like to personally welcome you to this forum - it is a place where people get together and share ideas about all things CNC. It is very exciting to hear that you are venturing into the field - and this is a great opportunity to get the best out of the extensive experience from people who are doing the same thing. I hope you find what you are looking for.

AlmightyJackal9735

Postby AlmightyJackal9735 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:49 am

CNC milling business is a juicy business that has a great potential for success and growth. However, starting a business requires a lot of planning and making important financial decisions that influence the business. With the emergence of technology, CNC machines have done invaluable work in the society. Normally, the problems of making 3D designs can be done efficiently and effectively by a CNC machine. :|

T3hTig3r

Postby T3hTig3r » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:50 am

Wow! that was fast and awesome. Thanks a lot for your encouraging words. I have taken note of your suggestions. you are very kind btw. :D

FireCNC

Postby FireCNC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:51 am

I thought I could throw my hat into the ring, so here goes: Like any other businesses, starting a cnc milling hustle can be a bit nerve-wrecking so I'd suggest that you do things professionally. If you don't take anything away from my words today, take this: Create a simple business plan

Every business requires planning and preparation; therefore the need for a business plan. A business plan is a road map and which guide you into achieving the business goals. It is useless writing a lengthy business plan and neglecting the important components.
Important component like, what will your business deal with, who are your target customers, how much you will be charging and ways to achieve the business goals should also be included.

It is also important to hire an analysis expert to carry out strength, weakness, opportunity and threat study before starting your business. The information collected by the expert will help you to formulate a detailed business plan. I am sure you can scout for one here at Amateurcnc or somewhere online.
Sorry for the wall of text - but I thought I should share that.
Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:53 am

hehehe a business plan for a cnc milling work…. I laughed too hard at this. but seriously.. Get real and start talking sense. :roll:

Marksman311

Postby Marksman311 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:55 am

Hey twain, why you got to be a b****? If you don't have anything to say just keep it to yourself. He was illustrating a point that people who have good business plans somewhat know what to expect from their business. You did not have to be so condescending. Grow up a bit. Shut your trap. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:57 am

You can come over and shut it for me derrp. I was pointing out how idiotic it is to have something self explanatory and to waste time with stuff which don’t add value to your business. And why the hell am I explaining myself to you? Are you a demigod or somethin? I will say whatever I want and there isn't anything you can do about it. Get a job and stop being a web sheriff. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FireCNC

Postby FireCNC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:58 am

Oh I almost forgot another lesson learnt in "Entrepreneurship101". Business location may play a massive part in the success of your business. It is important to find to find an affordable business location that will offer you ample space. If you don’t have a good business location, you can contact a real estate agent to can offer you a potential location for your business. There is still a long way to go and spending lots of money during this process is not economical. Just stick to your budget.

If the cost of renting a space is beyond your budget, get a small space. You garage or your basement, can also serve the purpose. You may also consider hiring a contractor to refurnish your working area.
Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.

Return to “Ideas for small business using CNC”