Tool script fails if motor drives are connected

Need some help with planning, execution, experiences or want to tell a witty anecdote or give some small business advice to our noobies for their ideas?
GratefulTuna

Tool script fails if motor drives are connected

Postby GratefulTuna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:56 am

Hello everybody,
I have this command that i need to run with the motor drivers off, only with the motion board and joining the cables to hand and everything worked properly. The real problem is that when am doing a real test with the machine, the code runs until it hits the touch plate then the Z axis starts to rise to the limit at 3000mm/min (machine limit) and don't set to zero. I've tried 3 different scripts with the same end. Can someone please help me understand what is causing this?

Oskido

Re: Tool script fails if motor drives are connected

Postby Oskido » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:03 am

Hello,
It could be a lot of things. Please post the list of all the specific electronics you use in your operations explaining to us how they are are wired. That will give us a clearer picture of where the problem is originating rom.

GratefulTuna

Postby GratefulTuna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:10 am

Well, I own three stepper motors of the lead-shine HS series that i have connected in parallel to the 3 lead-shine drivers DM2282 and the others are connected to a motion board DDSM3-V5.
I also have a USB connection to my notebook. The Mach3 has default settings for ports and pins and the motor tuning as given by the manufacturer of its motion board.

Oskido

Postby Oskido » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:19 am

There is huge probability that your board's plugin is unsupportive that line of code:
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 'get the exact point the probe was hit
This is the GetVar command and am afraid that most Chinese machines don't work with it.

GratefulTuna

Postby GratefulTuna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:27 am

You are right. My machine is from China and it doesn't accept the command. Please advice me on what alternatives for the GetVar command are.
Recently I designed another code two strokes, the second at minimum speed to prevent overshoot and it has been working though am concerned about its poor accuracy.

Return to “Advice and practical applications”