Can stepper drivers be repaired?

Need some help with planning, execution, experiences or want to tell a witty anecdote or give some small business advice to our noobies for their ideas?
Bailando

Can stepper drivers be repaired?

Postby Bailando » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Can i or anyone be able to repair stepper motor drivers? My X and Y axis don't work even when when i power up the machine.
The two non-working drivers for green LED comes on plus all the input voltages are fine while the output voltages though present they don't change when the jog button is pushed
Are they fixable or do i now have to dispose them?
Thanks in advance.

Gladwell

Re: Can stepper drivers be repaired?

Postby Gladwell » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 pm

If your motors are still locking up then their is a good probability that the problem is not with the drivers.

Aman

Postby Aman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Do you mind providing more details for the hardware that you are currently using? Tell us the BoB you are now using and whether you have made any new updates for the control PC that you use.

Bailando

Postby Bailando » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:31 pm

The motors do lock up whenever the power is on. I know this now after checking the BoB as well as all the inputs and outputs with a multimeter.
When driving the Z axis, the voltages change like they are supposed to but the voltages on the output side of the controller on the non working X and Y axis don't change when the jog button it pushed up or when running G-code.

Return to “Advice and practical applications”