Break out board

Need some help with planning, execution, experiences or want to tell a witty anecdote or give some small business advice to our noobies for their ideas?
Some

Break out board

Postby Some » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:57 am

Greetings all,
The second hand CNC machine i recently acquired is now almost essentially complete, though it is not commissioned yet. Its motors are now running under Mach3 control though their is problem in that the limit switches keep on falsely triggering. I have also realized that the BoB is totally buffered "wired through" Parallel Port board, which is simply not up to the job. This leaves the PC producing unwanted noise.

Am therefore looking for a recommendation that provides inexpensive Parallel Port Breakout Board, that is readily available in the UK. Given that there is a huge choice of BoBs that i could choose from am looking for looking for those that are simple and generally approved.

In time I'll likely switch to an ethernet motion controller, as they are clearly the way to go - but I really would like to see the machine working before I invest too much more into it. Hence a good solid, simple Parallel BoB would be ideal at this stage.

Any help rendered will be highly appreciated.

Nightcoeur

Re: Break out board

Postby Nightcoeur » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:04 am

I use CSMIO IP-M though i think "Eddy current" is what would suit your case best.

Bailando

Postby Bailando » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:40 am

Use Eddy Current.

Some

Postby Some » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:47 am

Thank you so much Bailando and Nightcoeur. I appreciate your help very much.

Return to “Advice and practical applications”