How good are Chinese caride tools?

Need some help with planning, execution, experiences or want to tell a witty anecdote or give some small business advice to our noobies for their ideas?
Zbiggest

How good are Chinese caride tools?

Postby Zbiggest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Greetings folks,
Am a novice as far as CNC routing is concerned. The issue is i have come across numerous 'cheap' carbide tools from chinese suppliers. Their prices are so good that am begining to doubt their quality.
I specifically need tools for carving, sign-marking and woodworking using material from plywood and hardwoods.
I would appreciate if anyone here who has experience working with them would either assure me or warn me on their on their quality.

Zbiggest

Re: How good are Chinese caride tools?

Postby Zbiggest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Heyy..
You could try using both the cheap and expensive bits like i do. This is obviously for budgeting purposes. The cheap bits are good for roughing those specific cuts and parts that do not necessarily need to have a great finish while you could use the others which are of better quality for the more special cuts or finishing cuts such as the down spiral and in making smooth finishing cuts as well.

Zbiggest

Postby Zbiggest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:20 pm

I however have to admit that i have not been using Chinese tools you were referring to.

5so95n
Site Admin

Re: How good are Chinese carbide tools?

Postby 5so95n » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Why import the tools that you are not so sure about their integrity while you could always shop for those genuine, proven tools like the Swiss ones? They do not even differ by price in the long run. :?

McMsenior

Postby McMsenior » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Such tools are likely to be malleable. I wouldn't advice you to try products like those in this business.

Return to “Advice and practical applications”