A Turret indexing problem

Need some help with planning, execution, experiences or want to tell a witty anecdote or give some small business advice to our noobies for their ideas?
mcR

A Turret indexing problem

Postby mcR » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:08 am

I have a 21-T control. Whenever the turret tries indexing it rotates for a while and then tries to seat. It is supposed to rotate 30 degrees per tool but it does not. The encoder connected to the turret shaft seams alright though. Am also able to rotate the turret by hand setting bit 2 of K2 . It seems to be in control. Now it's like the machine forgot it needs to rotate 30 degrees. Are there any parameters for storing information on the turret or encoders?

ImagineDragons

Re: A Turret indexing problem

Postby ImagineDragons » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:05 am

Have you g\otten a solution for this? i did not know what you implied here. :mrgreen:

Pharell

Postby Pharell » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Yes.. the parameters you need to help solve your problem are there. I can't seem to exactly remember the name but for the moment you could continue setting by hand since this has been working for you.

Gladod

Postby Gladod » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Yes, parameters for storing information on the turret do exist but you will need to have knowledge in programming to do this.

ProCNC

Postby ProCNC » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Programming could be the solution here but that doesn't mean it has to be the only one. Try replacing the shaft and see how that goes. I suspect that the source of the problem.

Return to “Advice and practical applications”