How to Enhance and Improve Your Connection Skills

The dry stuff all about starting a business including paperwork, addresses, government agencies, funding, taxes all to help you with your ideas in the world of cnc
lilMichael

Re: How to Enhance and Improve Your Connection Skills

Postby lilMichael » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:23 am

Thanks for that... i now know the importance of apologizing to your juniors

Mayor

Postby Mayor » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:51 am

There is yet another way to improve your connection skills. You need to be present both in body and mind while in a conversation. paying attention to what people are saying to you. pay attention to non-verbal cues such as facial expression and do not let your thoughts to wander away.

T3chaddict

Postby T3chaddict » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:57 am

I have seen how empathy does a good work on how you will relate with your employees. Sharing in their feelings is very important. When we share their pain they will feel less pain. Thus they will always connect well with us. Have empathy

N0835ded

Postby N0835ded » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:07 am

I am a machinist and I with some other for guys worked in some company which deals with CNC machines. Our boss had one problem, he could dwell so much on the negative things that we have done than the positive. make one mistake and you are reminded of all time mistakes that you have done. the boss never said anything positive and this demoralized us, we eventually left the company. Good connection will come about when we affirm and recognize our juniors and always find a way of appreciating them

Miles

Postby Miles » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:19 am

It is also good that while we are negotiating, we have a mindset of solving a problem and not winning. Its good to try to find a win-win solution. Do not look ate the people your are negotiating with as competitors. This will create some kind of understanding between you and them and you will be able to connect well. Connect well, Improve and expand your small CNC business.

vinkiP

Postby vinkiP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:28 am

This is really great guys, I didn't know that there are a lot of things we have been ignoring that could help improve or destroy our businesses.

5so95n
Site Admin

Postby 5so95n » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:31 am

Big thank you to you VinkiP for introducing the thread. It actually serves the CNC family well. Business people need to be all-round. CNC dealers need to be.

vinkiP

Postby vinkiP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:36 am

Am humbled...
Together we can boost CNC #teamcnc# cheers

lilMichael

Postby lilMichael » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 am

I must admit that I have learned more from this thread. Thanks guys for your contributions. Thanks Vinkip

arthurP

Postby arthurP » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:50 am

There is yet another way of Improving your connection skills; The five Languages of Appreciation. Which are;Acts of Service, Gifts, Quality time, Words of Affirmation and Touch. However physical touch should and must be avoided in work place as it is unethical. Keep these things in mind and apply them. Seek to Know the times your juniors have been appreciated at workplace. Here you will learn their primary and secondary appreciation languages

Return to “Starting a business”