Post processors

The dry stuff all about starting a business including paperwork, addresses, government agencies, funding, taxes all to help you with your ideas in the world of cnc

Post processors

Postby starfush » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Please advise me on what post processors i should use given that am currently using Mach 3 for my control software?

Re: Post processors

Postby Gladod » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:34 am

I always thought the “post processor” was a program like mach3 and I must admit that I had to Google it to get some info. Apparently I have been wrong all these years a post processor treats the info and changes CAD into machine code. I guess i was mixed up with post processor and program that pilot the machines. Anyway I use Autocad but an older student version from back when I was in school; it came originally with a module that writes gcode or isocode that my prof wrote.

Postby vinkiP » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi, There are several Post processors that i have tried to go with Mach 3 controller that i use. what you need to do is to specify the kind of CNC machine that you are using so that you can be advised on a suitable post processor also would need to know your pre processor to see whats compatable. you see not every program is compatable some import from DXF some from ISO or AI (usually vinyl cutters or lasers)

Postby Jahrastafarai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Try the Pronest Post Processor

Return to “Starting a business”