How will I grow my machining business?

The dry stuff all about starting a business including paperwork, addresses, government agencies, funding, taxes all to help you with your ideas in the world of cnc
nicholasK

How will I grow my machining business?

Postby nicholasK » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:58 am

A year ago, I started a CNC machining business. It covers milling and turning. It works on materials such as alloy, stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum. We are currently serving the OEM industry alone. I want to stretch our services to other industries such as transportation and automotive. I am therefore here to seek you advice on how to grow this machining business. Any ideas please?

vinkiP

Re: How will I grow my machining business?

Postby vinkiP » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:59 am

nicholasK wrote:A year ago, I started a CNC machining business. It covers milling and turning. It works on materials such as alloy, stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum. We are currently serving the OEM industry alone. I want to stretch our services to other industries such as transportation and automotive. I am therefore here to seek you advice on how to grow this machining business. Any ideas please?
Hi, entering some industries could be so challenging. I would advise you to join a partnership with somebody who is in the business too. Someone who is serving the industries you intend to serve and also wants enter your industry.

McMsenior

Postby McMsenior » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Why don’t you try diversifying? This may keep you growing even when the other markets are facing downsizing.

nicholasK

Postby nicholasK » Thu May 05, 2016 7:59 am

Thanks guys.
Any more ideas out there?

Return to “Starting a business”