I want to be a successful cnc operator!

Posts from sucessful entrepreneurs who made it in the world using the power of a small cnc router
NeQus85

Re: I want to be a successful cnc operator!

Postby NeQus85 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Currently, I am building a large plasma cutter and am using a router to cut some mock-up parts out. My point is you can use the machine to make another machine. Kind of like that 3D printer from NASA whose first task was to make a small part of itself. It is all kind of neat, when you think about it.

SavBirel

Postby SavBirel » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm

You could always go to the CNC zone (or even this forum) and see what other people are making.

cocodancer

Postby cocodancer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:38 pm

I am a college student. If I had a CNC router I would use to make cool signs. I would use it to make funny signs like help your neighbor (with politically incorrect pictures, of course) and such kinds of stuff.

Aemadillo

Postby Aemadillo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:39 pm

My CNC machine has both 1200 and 1600nm steppers. I use the machine to make signs and a couple of random parts. I also use it to plasma cut through aluminium more of the times. You should go through the CNCCookbooks individual projects. You won’t miss a clue on that.

HannibaltheLecter

Postby HannibaltheLecter » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 pm

That's amazing, buddy! My machine is a 5x10 inch and is made of steel. The machine has a removable water table and I use it for engraving. It is a DIY machine and it is now 2 years old. Just a suggestion OP, built your own machine for home use or get one from the stores for large operations like business…

annoyamaz

Postby annoyamaz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi guys. I agree that CNC machines have made things waay easier. I can bet now more than ever that it is very possible to open a cnc machine business of any kind. All the hassle and effort that was needed before for one to become an engineer is now over. These are not the days when you were needed to understand complex concepts for operating the machines. Thanks to the new technology there are many business opportunities with these wonderful machines.

Best of Luck Hannibal!

cocodancer

Postby cocodancer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Halo everyone. I came here to say that I have so much love for the CNC machine and respect for their operators. They come with great opportunities to make money since there’s a lot of creativity around them. You can express your abilities pretty easily, and explore more if you know what you are doing. Furthermore, the uses of these machines do not need models like the past manual machines. Anyone can just use modern software to make any designs of their choices. Humanity has come a long way.

pleb

Postby pleb » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi. I believe that there is a bustling community out there of people who really appreciate the technology of the new machines compared to the old manual ones. They are more straight forward and simple enough to operate without many skills. True dat, Cocodancer
:P

samaki

Postby samaki » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Hey ladies and gentlemen, I think wanting to put up a business with cnc machines is quite a bit of a challenge. What I am illustrating here is the fact they may need a lot of finances to maintain them and keep them running smoothly. After all, the purchase price of the machine is the first of the many payments you will make in the lifetime of the CNC router, lathe or whichever machine you have.
;)

Anon1121

Postby Anon1121 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:49 pm

I disagree about this notion. I think cnc can highly boost you financially especially if you’re a hobbyist like me. Try out different ideas that can make you great products. Why not start selling the products to your friends and close people and see what they have to say?

Return to “Tell us your success story!”