I need info on this build

Posts from sucessful entrepreneurs who made it in the world using the power of a small cnc router
T3chaddict

I need info on this build

Postby T3chaddict » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Greetings guys,
Has anyone ever heard of this company called robotcutters.co.ku? They do business on eBay. Checked at the OX max

What do you guys think about it? They seem to be inexpensive but I have found no negative information concerning the company.

T3chaddict

Re: I need info on this build

Postby T3chaddict » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Thank you in advance...

SysBot

Postby SysBot » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Hey there, I think it would be more appropriate for guys to comment on it if we get to know better the uses you want to put the machine into…that is, what is t that you want to cut and also the kind of materials. For me, I would give a careful thought before I go down on this direction…..

N0835ded

Postby N0835ded » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 pm

I stand to be corrected, what I think is that this company is the same as the “black cat cutters”...

Jain756789

Postby Jain756789 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Hey! Hey! Hey! Before you think of spending your hard earned money, I would rather you have a careful and a very close look at the structure of the machine. I had rather you go for something trustworthy like the Isel or Badog line of machine!

Beowoulfe

Postby Beowoulfe » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Any of the CNC’s decent machines require accuracy and rigidity which more than come from the frame. To me, this machine has nothing much to offer in both departments. It has its frame materials thinly and poorly attached together and with no clear way in which to keep or reference any alignment. Just like a time bomb waiting to go boom, the linear motion is too waiting to happen. Having rollers on the aluminum is silly given that Aluminium profile is somehow soft and due to the constant rubbing action of rollers, it will wear out in a faster rate. Bring in the fact that dust and debris will be falling on that surface and you make a good paste to aid the process. You will then have similar grove that houses the thin belt which provides motion filling up waste. The crap will definitely fill up to the belt and pulleys hence decreasing life span and have a high capability of leading to stalls etc…..

SysBot

Postby SysBot » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:22 pm

I agree and understand your angle: One of the most important part of a CNC machine, The Z axis. Why that important? Because it deals with all the cutting forces and it by any chance fails, the whole of the machine isn’t important because at the end of it all you will still get an inaccurate finish. It is also a time bomb waiting to go off because it will get really baggy in a blink of an eye and you will lose any accuracy which the machine had if you try to put the machine to some hard work in a remote way.

Jain756789

Postby Jain756789 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Well, it might appear cheap, but just like any other cheap device, it will within no time (about four weeks) wear off and its newness is lost. It will require your attention frequently in order to always obtain good results from it. Its best will however still fall short of the IMO mark. Don’t even think of doing it….. :| :| :| :|

T3chaddict

Postby T3chaddict » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Jeez guys! I haven't gone out and bought it already! Relax, Iv'e not gone for it!

3DPRO

Postby 3DPRO » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 am

Beowoulfe wrote:Any of the CNC’s decent machines require accuracy and rigidity which more than come from the frame. To me, this machine has nothing much to offer in both departments. It has its frame materials thinly and poorly attached together and with no clear way in which to keep or reference any alignment. Just like a time bomb waiting to go boom, the linear motion is too waiting to happen.

Having rollers on the aluminum is silly given that Aluminium profile is somehow soft and due to the constant rubbing action of rollers, it will wear out in a faster rate. Bring in the fact that dust and debris will be falling on that surface and you make a good paste to aid the process. You will then have similar grove that houses the thin belt which provides motion filling up waste. The crap will definitely fill up to the belt and pulleys hence decreasing life span and have a high capability of leading to stalls etc…..

This is superbly epic. Im usually attracted to walls of text and you made my day!
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Return to “Tell us your success story!”