Starting Out: Mentorship being sought

Here you will find posts on ideas or dreams for the entrepreneur or small business who wants to utilise CNC or just general brainstorming to make money with a cnc machine
Lucidlucia

Re: Starting Out: Mentorship being sought

Postby Lucidlucia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:51 pm

You can be assured of great performance in terms of production and quality. Your clients, if they never knew the process of manufacturing, would always be wowed.

ImagineDragons

Postby ImagineDragons » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Do you have a small shop with a single machine or a large warehouse with different types and functions of machines?

GratefulTuna

Postby GratefulTuna » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Not OP but the 3 axis cnc 6040 router is a big deal for me. It is highly accurate with its production compared to others. With its high efficiency, the user can manufacture a mass of products that are of high quality. The technology is simply awesome. There’s a big chance of improving your startup projects. Get the right machine for the type of project you’re working on. Different machines vary in their features and work differently.

ImagineDragons

Postby ImagineDragons » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Thanks,, great info there. :D :D :D :D

GratefulTuna

Postby GratefulTuna » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:11 pm

You're welcome. Do you have a router yourself?

ImagineDragons

Postby ImagineDragons » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Nope, but I am currently planning to start a venture with a small carver - something for the woodwork. I am planning to launch a business that will supply prefabricated furniture spare parts that have been made to individual taste. You have a picture that you wish to be engraved onto the dining table? I am your guy. That kind of business. Do you think I could hack it? :) :) :)

ImagineDragons

Postby ImagineDragons » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Thanks GratefulTuna... :P

augustusjuliuscaesar

Postby augustusjuliuscaesar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:22 pm

yeah, if you've got the starting capital and the business plan or some form of financing, I suppose it could. Is there demand on your area? This is one of the factors that are considered a must for the business to thrive. You could supply to the IKEA of your place - or its equivalent. Otherwise, I think that is a brilliant idea that has to be taken to the right place for incubation.

memento

Postby memento » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi people. Just to start with, I am not a machinist but I want to venture into a decoration business with a cnc router machine. I don’t have much experience in this diversified area of business, but I have an interest. Hopefully, I will learn the basics fast especially from this community. I have carried out research on what exactly is needed for this business, and the operational cost required. My main focus now is on how to operate the machine itself.

LuckBeAHor5e

Postby LuckBeAHor5e » Fri May 29, 2015 8:23 am

Here are some ideas. I have known myself to be quite a hussler, though I am one of the worst employees you could wish for. It all boils down to the person you are. You could set up the business to start but it depends on your tenacity in order to run. It is as plain as that. So here are THE IDEAS
- If you have a cashflow on the side, keep it running because you need it to sustain the business.
- If you aim to make a certain amount at the end of, say, 1.5 years, start with twice that money. Eg. if you wish to make $500k at the end of that period, you need to set aside at least 1m for the business. Of course, it looks formidable but I find it scalable downwards.
-If you are afraid about failing, just stop riding the horse wish. Turn back and do other stuff.
-It might help if you were a hobbyst to begin with. So think about that.
-Don't be too rigid on the business plan. Have some flexibility.

Return to “Ideas for small business using CNC”