The best tips to grow your CNC machine business.

Here you will find posts on ideas or dreams for the entrepreneur or small business who wants to utilise CNC or just general brainstorming to make money with a cnc machine
augustusjuliuscaesar

Re: The best tips to grow your CNC machine business.

Postby augustusjuliuscaesar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:10 pm

You should implement bothvertical and horizontal integration in your operation. The process of implementing either vertical or horizontal integration may prove to be a challenge for your small CNC business. In order to allow a smooth workflow and improve your output, you should organize the production schedule around your machine shop and prioritize jobs with regard to your own production center rather than external supplier availability.

scarface

Postby scarface » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 pm

In order to grow your small CNC business, you should allow flexibility in the multi stage processes. If you will be combining both internal fabrication and machining operations, you can save time and money by acquiring a CNC machine that can incorporate secondary work into its primary function.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:16 pm

scarface wrote:In order to grow your small CNC business, you should allow flexibility in the multi stage processes. If you will be combining both internal fabrication and machining operations, you can save time and money by acquiring a CNC machine that can incorporate secondary work into its primary function.

That is an interesting point. So which machine can do both the primary and secondary work?

AlmightyJackal9735

Postby AlmightyJackal9735 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:18 pm

To answer that? You can use a cutting laser to reduce the need for post fabrication finishing like smoothing or evening edges.

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Eeek Op could consider establishing a scalable growth. Rarely do successful businesses depend on the volume of the products being manufactured. It depends on the depth of the fabrication process. The best trick is to evaluate the products or services you offer to your customers and expand the ease of reach to those services.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm

That is fine with me. Thanks.

Jahrastafarai

Postby Jahrastafarai » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 pm

If you ask me, I would say this trick works. Case in point, my friend used to produces steel tubing for his customers but when I checked in lately, I noticed that he has expanded the business by producing fasteners used to hold the steel tubing together instead of customers purchasing from the neighboring stores. The point actually is, to have a secure and scalable method of growth; you are required to secure more expansive contracts from existing business relationships.

5so95n
Site Admin

Postby 5so95n » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Think about step by step value addition. Why? CNC machining is a multi-stage process which allow for value addition at each stage. A small business potential to expand is dependent on the number of value addition steps it is able to perform. If you want to expand your small CNC business, it is time to evaluate the manufacturing strengths. It is also beneficial if you take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself as a value added production stage.

lorraine

Postby lorraine » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks everyone for your contribution, this has been a lengthy discussion. I have enjoyed every bit of it, more especially; I have the knowledge of how to expand my small CNC machine business. I shall be glad to pop in here again.

FireCNC

Postby FireCNC » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:29 pm

5so95n wrote:Think about step by step value addition. Why? CNC machining is a multi-stage process which allow for value addition at each stage. A small business potential to expand is dependent on the number of value addition steps it is able to perform. If you want to expand your small CNC business, it is time to evaluate the manufacturing strengths. It is also beneficial if you take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself as a value added production stage.

To add to the list, here goes a little bit of what I have seen in the metalworking industry. It is beneficial to understand and target your market place segment. Focus on specific type of clients who will purchase your products at high volume rates but it does not mean neglecting other clients. When you focus on your market niche, you maximize the potential of your business growth. :)
Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.

Return to “Ideas for small business using CNC”