Starting a CNC milling business

Here you will find posts on ideas or dreams for the entrepreneur or small business who wants to utilise CNC or just general brainstorming to make money with a cnc machine
_Twain_
Site Admin

Re: Starting a CNC milling business

Postby _Twain_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:01 am

I am going straight to the point here and saying what everyone is keeping mum about. Know the sector first. It is highly recommended that you learn everything about milling and the technology behind it. It is also very crucial for you to understand how the engines work. There is more, familiarize yourself about computer software programs including CAD, CAM and G-codes that helps and guides the machine to run effectively.
To use the machine effectively, you need lots of practice. It is important to get the necessary skills in running the machine, as well as develop analytical ways of applying the skills for different job orders.

You can also look for scheduled workshops within your area to help you get better in your field of work.
TL:DR; Familiarize yourself about milling and technology

T3hTig3r

Postby T3hTig3r » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:02 am

Fantastic, thanks for your input. Where do you find you desired choice of equipment? How do you set it up?

3DPRO

Postby 3DPRO » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:04 am

Go to established names like Badog, shapeoko or Haas. If you a short in cash, you can purchase a secondhand CNC machine. You can also consider starting with a small unit to cut costs. :ugeek:
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

pleb

Postby pleb » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:06 am

Yea ma problm too bud :?:

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 am

Look for it in hardware stores, ads and generally in the internet. If you are in the US, try scouring eBay for some CNC units. I personally recommend the place, since I got most of my parts there. You won’t miss your equipment from any of those places. There are also a variety of units in the market, just in case you still missed your equipment.

You can contact customer care of your item if you experience difficult in installing your equipment. Hiring an expert can also do the same job.

3DPRO

Postby 3DPRO » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:12 am

Hey, first apply for a license and a business name, after you have mastered the skills required to operate your machine (alternatively, you can hire someone skilled to start with, but where is the fun in that?) apply for a business name and a license to start running your business. Get the forms and start filling in or you can visit your clerk’s office get information on the requirements for business operation permit. It is also crucial to fill in your business name so give identity to your business.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Jahrastafarai

Postby Jahrastafarai » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:14 am

Hey Tiger man, I would advise you to Advertise your services
Customers contribute an important part in the business success. There are two methods you can use to market your service, online or offline method.
For offline method, you can put ads in the newspapers, hold seminars and loyalty programmes, give out brochures and calling cards to friends and relatives to market your business.
For online methods you may consider the following
a) sending emails to potential clients,
b) attaching sign up forms on social sites to allow people to sign in your post,
c) creating a website and attaching a form as part of a blog post which comes out as a pop up.

Make sure you seek permission from the relevant authorities and email users to avoid suspension of your account and high scam rates.
do Google Location reviews of your biz and it will be up and running in no time. All the best pal,

CallingtheMonsters

Postby CallingtheMonsters » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 am

It is very easy to manufacture volumes of CNC materials with a very short time; you may also consider producing prototype designs for engineers as way of marketing your business.

Anna

Postby Anna » Thu May 21, 2015 1:56 am

T3hTig3r wrote:Hey guys, I would like to start a milling business using CNC. I have been formulating a business plan and looking around for the best machine offers. However, I am quite new to this and I would like to get a general overview of the industry. How do I put my foot through the door? Are there any hurdles to watch for? Any trick and shortcut would greatly be appreciated. Regards -tiger

Hello ,Tiger ,how are you ? We are professional in CNC milling machine . If you have any questions ,can email me .My email is hard to explain.

Elvis_4pres

Postby Elvis_4pres » Sun May 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Anna wrote:
T3hTig3r wrote:Hey guys, I would like to start a milling business using CNC. I have been formulating a business plan and looking around for the best machine offers. However, I am quite new to this and I would like to get a general overview of the industry. How do I put my foot through the door? Are there any hurdles to watch for? Any trick and shortcut would greatly be appreciated. Regards -tiger

Hello ,Tiger ,how are you ? We are professional in CNC milling machine . If you have any questions ,can email me .My email is hard to explain.

Just PM him, this won't be hard.

Return to “Ideas for small business using CNC”