Greetings From Brest, Belarus

Introduce yourself so we know who you are, your dreams, your job or even your technology and tools you have at your dispense
DaveBlack

Greetings From Brest, Belarus

Postby DaveBlack » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:07 am

Hello people first of all I am David, I want to start by introducing myself because I am new to this forum. I live in Brest, which is a small town in Belarus. I am an upcoming guitarist and I also have a passion for vintage motorbikes. I have come here to learn a little about coding for machining, bc I have always thought it takes lots of time and may need brains and brawn! If there is any way I can get to learn this here, i will really appreciate it bc I will finally start working on my venture ply kits. Thank you and cheers!
Last edited by DaveBlack on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SysBot

Re: Greetings From Brest, Belarus

Postby SysBot » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:44 am

Hello to you Dave; a pleasure to have you in this forum. I have no idea how to get you started :( :( :( , but I am positive you will find awesome peeps around here. Welcome, greetings all the way from Abidjan. :) :) :)

DaveBlack

Postby DaveBlack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:42 am

Thanks, Sysbot - I am all fuzzy now. Anyways, here is a little back story...

DaveBlack

Postby DaveBlack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:50 am

Hello there,

Having watched Wilfy’s thread on his computer desk, the thought of starting one here crossed my mind, to but the knowledge into use… But I have a leeetle awkwaaard problem - - -

Can somebody PLEASE tell me what HLVP is?

Some small contribution- Being a member of www.detailingworld.com for a couple of years, I managed to gain some good information. I also must admit that I have got a case of Obsessive Car Detailing - Nah, it can't read as OCD; can it? This is what my regular dream looks like - so you can only imagine what a "Pumped Up" one will be.
auto-4162_640.jpg
auto-4162_640.jpg (103.71 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

AAAAnyway; to my sentiment: should you see the “pros” going about with their stuff on their cars, you should be in a position, given the right tools and compounds, to get a glittery finish from any paint/lacquer combination and in addition, what you need to know in terms of “no’s” when it comes to spray finishes, that is, the things that these guys need to straighten on some car finishes. Something the manufacturer should be pretty aware of.

For the new guys, I mean beginners; and those with enough time and a patience to learn how to use a rotary polisher, a random orbital polisher is what I would recommend. It is the way of doing some polishing on a paintwork/lacquer. It is important though to use decent “diminishing abrasive” polishing compound. These compounds, if put in right proportions break down into very finer abrasives which give the results achieved by those guys in the forum. I have, with success used the techniques on a couple of materials from my car. If you use the right abrasives, and tools, be sure to get a finish as shiny as a mirror.

On my domestic cleaning and protective duties, I work with detailing spray and more so Megs APC (All Purpose Cleaner).
Depending on what I am polishing and how shiny I want the finish to be, I use Menzerna polishes found in various grades and also Lake Country Pads.

At least that is part of my craziness too. Cars.

adamsK

Postby adamsK » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:04 am

Wow, you really like your cars, don't you?!! :?: :!: :!:

DaveBlack

Postby DaveBlack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:06 am

Well, mostly I would say I do, but that can hardly be called modesty, can it?

HWExyy2010

Postby HWExyy2010 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 am

Well, talking about your passion cannot pose a threat to your modesty. Talking about your possessions can. Anyway, It stands for High Volume Low Pressure. - HVLP. And I gather that OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder?!?

DaveBlack

Postby DaveBlack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:12 am

:D Lols excellently said. Thank you HVLP has always been high velocity low pressure to me - but to each, his/her own!

IdrinkBreakfluids

Postby IdrinkBreakfluids » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:16 am

I am not such a car enthusiast myself, but I think I may offer my $0.02 about painting metallic surfaces, seeing as your concern is in that area. Look at it this way: Compared to the traditional spray systems types, it operates at very low pressure hence enough paint will get to where you want and less in air, making it more accurate with a spray gun. Systems can work with any kind of paint or liquid.
It is also possible to get good results with inexpensive hand held spray guns, though you are limited with the type of product you can spray. Just like most things, yes it needs some practice but it isn’t that hard to learn as a Standard High pressure Spray... :P

DaveBlack

Postby DaveBlack » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 am

Bah! Not a car enthusiast... *Checks Username: IDRINKBRAKEFLUIDS! mmmmh cool duude! 8-) 8-) ... Yup, I am in agreement with you though, HPLV (or any permutation of the abbreviates) is more impactive than using a brush in terms of the final finish.

Return to “Introductions”