What is your Opinion!

Here you can talk about anything you want that doesn't fall under any other heading
OImperial

What is your Opinion!

Postby OImperial » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 pm

I use CNC machines I heavy industry applications. However, I have never used any CNC machine in woodworking. I have noticed that most people are resorting to using CNC machines in wood working. My question is, does a CNC machine take the fun and craft from wood working? Or is it just another tool just like any tool used by a wood worker?

Sharjah

Re: What is your Opinion!

Postby Sharjah » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:32 pm

My take is that it adds back the fun and not taking it away as you put it. I do make some pieces which requires me make repetitive cuts. Though it could be cheap to cut these parts out by hand, it a lot easier and enjoyable to cut them using a machine.

CMCwise

Postby CMCwise » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:33 pm

CNC is just another tool to aid me in making what I want. I have acquired one to use for carving panel and a lot more. It helps me in making interesting designs that I want integrated to my woodworks. So CNC does not take away the craft and fun in any way but on the contrary, it add fun into it.

Theb3ard

Postby Theb3ard » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:34 pm

For me I think CNC is fun. If you use it all day long then it could be boring and you won’t bring it to your hobby time. I am a CNC programmer and I really enjoy it.

Return to “General Discussion”