Any Adhesive to join Aluminum?

Board for ideas on CNC Hacks or ingenious ideas for your CNC machine or projects
elikiP

Any Adhesive to join Aluminum?

Postby elikiP » Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 am

I am planning to assemble the gantry made of aluminum. The section box measures 60 by 100by 6. My first plan was to have it bolted but I may decide to weld it instead. My fear however, is that welding may cause some distortion. Is there a way that I can get past this? Is there any adhesive that can I can use to join the aluminum?

elikiP

Re: Any Adhesive to join Aluminum?

Postby elikiP » Sun May 08, 2016 7:23 am

Another thing, am I right to think that welding will cause distortion?

Fibre

Postby Fibre » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 am

elikiP wrote:I am planning to assemble the gantry made of aluminum. The section box measures 60 by 100by 6. My first plan was to have it bolted but I may decide to weld it instead. My fear however, is that welding may cause some distortion. Is there a way that I can get past this? Is there any adhesive that can I can use to join the aluminum?
Am searching for the same too. Good that you have asked first.

Fibre

Postby Fibre » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 am

Welding causes a lot of distortion with aluminum than with steel. So yes you are right.

dsisfodhgcdysvgubsdi

Postby dsisfodhgcdysvgubsdi » Sun May 08, 2016 7:30 am

elikiP wrote:I am planning to assemble the gantry made of aluminum. The section box measures 60 by 100by 6. My first plan was to have it bolted but I may decide to weld it instead. My fear however, is that welding may cause some distortion. Is there a way that I can get past this? Is there any adhesive that can I can use to join the aluminum?
Somebody recommended Durafix brazing sticks to me. Will be buying them for trial. If you have no hurry you can wait for some feedback in a week’s time.

elikiP

Postby elikiP » Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 am

Somebody recommended Durafix brazing sticks to me. Will be buying them for trial. If you have no hurry you can wait for some feedback in a week’s time.
Thanks. I can wait as I look for more ideas…

Return to “CNC Hacks”