Closed loop for Mach 3

CNC artistic applications including but not limited to sculptures, engrave, 3d puzzle, cardboard furniture, planes, models
XENEON

Closed loop for Mach 3

Postby XENEON » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Greetings all,

Am needed to build a closed loop machine. I am going to get Step motor+encoder+regulator/controller. I would therefore like to know the Mach 3 is compatible to such acombination. Also tell me whether the regulator/controller corrects the errors from mach 3 independently.

immortallove

Re: Closed loop for Mach 3

Postby immortallove » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:03 pm

You could use the servo or the stepper controllers. These will help you control well the positioning external to the PC in Mach.

immortallove

Postby immortallove » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:18 pm

I recommend that you use a servo instead of the Mach 3. Servos are much cheaper and i have reservations concerning the working of a Mach 3.

Industrial Mech

Postby Industrial Mech » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:37 pm

T he Mach3 doesn't support closed-loop servo systems that correct errors on the fly. It works with those systems that close the loop at the driver. This means that if the driver senses an error it will send a signal that can shut down the system and stop further damage from being done. But if you need a true servo system that will sense errors and compensate for them without stopping, try Badog CNC for the controllers.

Return to “Artistic applications for CNC”