Isel & Bob Problem

CNC artistic applications including but not limited to sculptures, engrave, 3d puzzle, cardboard furniture, planes, models
HearsaWho

Isel & Bob Problem

Postby HearsaWho » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi, pals! I had a difficulty when I used the advance rough. When cutting the profile surface, the cutting tool fails to go above .100 of the cutting surface. It only cuts .100 beyond the last depth. Also, I had a problem with the tool. It hits the part when cutting at the start point of the following cut.

Please assist me, guys! I have considered many options, I don’t know if that machine itself has a fault, if there is a setting or parameter or maybe the G-code itself that enables the machine operate the X and Y axis in a straight line such that they arrive at the same time to a given point?

I also think that it cannot be the Bob that has a fault, but I am not sure else, please! I had an idea also that the tool was hitting maybe due to the Y axis gets to its original position faster than the X axis.

I know this is normally a common problem with most of the machines, but I have little information on the Isel systems, this is a VF4 so, if you have any information, please assist me. Your help will be very great beneficial guys!

RespecttheCoon

Re: Isel & Bob Problem

Postby RespecttheCoon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:17 pm

HearsaWho wrote:Hi, pals! I had a difficulty when I used the advance rough. When cutting the profile surface, the cutting tool fails to go above .100 of the cutting surface. It only cuts .100 beyond the last depth. Also, I had a problem with the tool. It hits the part when cutting at the start point of the following cut.

Please assist me, guys! I have considered many options, I don’t know if that machine itself has a fault, if there is a setting or parameter or maybe the G-code itself that enables the machine operate the X and Y axis in a straight line such that they arrive at the same time to a given point?

I also think that it cannot be the Bob that has a fault, but I am not sure else, please! I had an idea also that the tool was hitting maybe due to the Y axis gets to its original position faster than the X axis.

I know this is normally a common problem with most of the machines, but I have little information on the Isel systems, this is a VF4 so, if you have any information, please assist me. Your help will be very great beneficial guys!

If your machine is Isel and has Bobcad, then the Bobcad has the problem. As you have said, the is Isel normally known to rapid due to Y axis getting to its original position faster than the X axis. But remember that the machine does not hit the part at the time of actual machining if it cannot do so in the simulation.

HearsaWho

Postby HearsaWho » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:22 pm

thanks a lot, coon. I will consider your option.

0.98-0000000g

Postby 0.98-0000000g » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 pm

it is a great problem if it cannot appear in preditor! I once cut the profile of the part using the advance rough. The two seems to be an odd combination but let me urge you to upload the file for better understanding.

3DPRO

Postby 3DPRO » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Use the G01 plus the rapid feed rate instead of G00 moves. I have never tried in post processor but with time, I will try it. This will enable elimination of dog leg rapids then gives you a golden chance of back plotting or imitate the outcome of the machine. This is because G00 imitation does not precisely give your representation of the rapid moves. Also, the back plot will have a shortcut due to the effects of G00.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Lambot909

Postby Lambot909 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Hey Hearsawho! You have actually hit the nail on the head buddy. The problem lies in the preditor a you have to look for the file for better understanding. I addition, remember the great Google! It has all what you need about the "dog leg Rapids Isel". Please give it a look. For me, I did not encounter these problems may be due to the smartness of the software I was using. If you want to get rid of obstacles like clamps and all those you have described then just try to know how, when and why those problems happen as the first step. Thanks once more Hearsawho for your information on preditor.

shaPeoko

Postby shaPeoko » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey guys! I have nothing to say but to assure this generation that the time to use preditors is aging faster, and soon we will tell them goodbye.

n1h1l1st

Postby n1h1l1st » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi OP, you can delete the dog leg rapid by just using the settings that are available on the Isel. Please check your settings it may happen that yours is active.

RespecttheCoon

Postby RespecttheCoon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:00 pm

We have to look for the solutions instead of changing things every time we think so like the guy who want us to delete the dog leg rapid. I am now working on it I will give you the solution in a short time. Avoid vague updates when some people can solve the problem, please! :o :o :o

BenjaminTheOtter

Postby BenjaminTheOtter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:08 am

You seem not to understand the difference between the profile and the Advanced Rough the combination is not odd as you have said. Let me clearly clarify to you that the advanced rough is the best tool in the bobcad, on the other hand, the profile is the outer arrangement of an article containing mass. It the case it is a synonym of the word "shape." :D

Return to “Artistic applications for CNC”