Moving to CNC routing

CNC software or plugins for computer aided design or computer navigater cutting

Moderator: _Twain_

VAnz

Moving to CNC routing

Postby VAnz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi guys, after about a decade in wood working using hand and power tools, I want to move to CNC Routing. Is this advisable given that I have never done any routing in the past? I have however been doing some research here and there on the kind of CNC software available and what there are meant for. I have also spent months trying to grasp the terms used, device names and techniques.

harema

Re: Moving to CNC routing

Postby harema » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm

VAnz wrote:Hi guys, after about a decade in wood working using hand and power tools, I want to move to CNC Routing. Is this advisable given that I have never done any routing in the past? I have however been doing some research here and there on the kind of CNC software available and what there are meant for. I have also spent months trying to grasp the terms used, device names and techniques.
“Where there is will, there is way”. If you are passionate in moving to and learning CNC routing, then you will surely make it. All the best buddy.

VAnz

Postby VAnz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:43 pm

harema wrote:“Where there is will, there is way”. If you are passionate in moving to and learning CNC routing, then you will surely make it. All the best buddy.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am really determined. I want to increase my production thus growing my business. I mainly deal with furniture and doors. I recently ordered a CNC router and it will be delivered soon. So I was wondering about the best software that I can use. Any ideas please?

harema

Postby harema » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm

The main software that you will need for the router is mach 3. If you want a 2D and 2.5D design software then you need the Vectric Vcarve Pro. For 3D, there is the Aspire.

vinkiP

Postby vinkiP » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi, well come to this forum. You can find a best software for your router at Badog CNC Software

Bassam

Postby Bassam » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:51 pm

I have a different suggestion. Figure out what you need exactly after taking your time to learn the CNC and of course the included software. You might find out that you also want CAD packages and this will really require serious background knowledge.

QwenJJ

Postby QwenJJ » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm

As you look for the right software, consider also the price. You can find a software that is easy to use but is way past your budget. Try to get the general idea on the pricing as well as the features.

VAnz

Postby VAnz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:59 pm

I appreciate your help guys. I will surely take my time before I decide on which one to go for.

Amaz1nggRace

Postby Amaz1nggRace » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Welcome. Feel free to ask any question if you need help.

Return to “CNC software”