Yaay!!!

Show off your projects or use this duiscussion for brainstorming your new ideas
uhuruK

Re: Yaay!!!

Postby uhuruK » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Thanks Abni, this is very helpful and OMG you are HILARIOUS!!! I will be sure to try these out and I will PM you the particulars. Thanks a million!

Abni

Postby Abni » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Don't mention it!

Club1824

Postby Club1824 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Here is a red herring to add onto this mix...

It is most likely that, that is the cause. I was going to mention it, say, if the tool’s center is moving at such a slower pace, then the outside will fail to cut as well just like in the case of ballnose cutter. Moving further outside, the speed will be higher and consistent hence it will efficiently cut with a more sensible speed and less force, hence a little deflection.

It is much easier to work when using a 90o tool. The tool is at zero if the depth is equal to the offset. For example, when you add an offset of 3mm( using the allowance box in V-carve, or simply select 6mm cutter) and begin at Z= -3, then the tool is at zero.

If you cut down to Z= -5, you will get a 2mm chamfer. In the real sense, this is the easiest way to begin and just lower the z-axis until when the chamfer looks nice as that is what generally matter more than absolute value.

You should be on the look for what the other side of the V-cutter is doing. This is because too much offset and nested parts will lead to cutting adjacent parts too much. I use a standard 90o ½ inch router bit for my chamfer. What cutter did you use? IDK what your measurements were but I suppose they will be much much similar.

DuzZebra

Postby DuzZebra » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 pm

So, basically, zeroing? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :geek:

Club1824

Postby Club1824 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:48 pm

There. You said it Possum. Have a lollipop.

uhuruK

Postby uhuruK » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:50 pm

You guys are priceless. I am done here - thanks for your help Abni et al.

DuzZebra

Postby DuzZebra » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:52 pm

:? :shock: :shock: :shock:

uhuruK

Postby uhuruK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:07 am

Today, I am going to incorporate your suggestions. I will report back later in the evening.

uhuruK

Postby uhuruK » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:08 pm

It works fantastically well making no absolute difference on to the performance; I didn’t have to change anything and also did not do any retuning.
I have put it a different position, different from what I had said I would and the X axis (which is the twin screws) is vertical thus gantry moves up and down. Y moves horizontally. Typically, it simply got up-ended and lent-bolted against the wall for some testing. To have it tested, I cut several pieces of Ali at multiple depths and feeds like I normally did with the max being 3mm DOC, using 6mm and 12mm cutter and it had a good hold on them. No more problems… got it?

Return to “Show off your projects!”