Better Lasers

Discuss other CNC equipments like Mini CNC lathes, lasers, vinyl cutters or even egg printers
Fghjdsaxjghsj

Better Lasers

Postby Fghjdsaxjghsj » Sat May 14, 2016 3:30 pm

My company is planning to acquire about 6 laser machines in a fortnight. I have been tasked with finding the best lasers to be bought. We bought some 4 lasers from eBay about 6 months ago and now only one is working well. The other three have had serious issues like blown laser power supplies, shuttering stepper motors and so on. What are some of the most reliable cutters? I am not sure about the Chinese lasers though the look cheap. Epilog and Trotec are quoting unreasonable prices on their part. Any ideas guys?

Lavender

Re: Better Lasers

Postby Lavender » Sat May 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Fghjdsaxjghsj wrote:My company is planning to acquire about 6 laser machines in a fortnight. I have been tasked with finding the best lasers to be bought. We bought some 4 lasers from eBay about 6 months ago and now only one is working well. The other three have had serious issues like blown laser power supplies, shuttering stepper motors and so on. What are some of the most reliable cutters? I am not sure about the Chinese lasers though the look cheap. Epilog and Trotec are quoting unreasonable prices on their part. Any ideas guys?
Cheap is expensive. When you buy the cheap one, you will need to pay for all other extras, lost most of your production time. At the end you will go back looking for what you thought was expensive. Buy something that will last longer.

BVZ145

Postby BVZ145 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:36 pm

A company looking thinking of buying the Chinese lasers? Seriously! What are you after?

albertGiggs

Postby albertGiggs » Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm

BVZ145 wrote:A company looking thinking of buying the Chinese lasers? Seriously! What are you after?
Surprised too. What will a hobbyist go for if a “company” can buy the Chinese ones?

Oregon

Postby Oregon » Sat May 14, 2016 3:39 pm

I am a hobbyist just cutting some prototypes. All I need is some sense of achievement and would gladly by a Chinese laser. But for a company my advice is that you go for something that is durable.

Fghjdsaxjghsj

Postby Fghjdsaxjghsj » Sat May 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks for the quick responses guys. We are still growing and maybe in a year or so we shall go complete commercial. That is why we are still shy in terms of cash.

EasyBits

Postby EasyBits » Sat May 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Try the Badog laser Cutter I have 3 of them and they are great.

Susansullian

Postby Susansullian » Thu May 19, 2016 6:22 am

Why keep buying the same kind of machines which I would describe as ‘crap’. Better go for the 10X price tag and get something substantial. Otherwise your company will remain in the backyard hobby place for long. Cheers!

Fghjdsaxjghsj

Postby Fghjdsaxjghsj » Thu May 19, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks for your good advises guys. I guess my boss will have to buy your ideas.

Return to “CNC laser, plasma, and lathes”