Metal Lathe

Discuss other CNC equipments like Mini CNC lathes, lasers, vinyl cutters or even egg printers
Ramseynoah

Metal Lathe

Postby Ramseynoah » Thu May 12, 2016 9:29 am

Hello guys! I am looking for a metal working lathe. Being my first CNC, I do not want to make a mistake of buying just any lathe. I was hoping to use some expertise that you guys already have. I have been doing some research on Chinese based lathes. Am almost being drawn to buying one but then I thought ‘there must be some other good lathe out there. Any ideas please?

Ramseynoah

Re: Metal Lathe

Postby Ramseynoah » Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 am

I would also not mind hearing your advice on a second hand machine.

CNCwizard

Postby CNCwizard » Fri May 13, 2016 7:02 am

Ramseynoah wrote:Hello guys! I am looking for a metal working lathe. Being my first CNC, I do not want to make a mistake of buying just any lathe. I was hoping to use some expertise that you guys already have. I have been doing some research on Chinese based lathes. Am almost being drawn to buying one but then I thought ‘there must be some other good lathe out there. Any ideas please?
Hi, Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you could tell us the kind of materials (metal) that you will be working on.

Pronto

Postby Pronto » Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Welcome to this place. Telling us how much you are willing to spend would also be of great help.

Truestory

Postby Truestory » Fri May 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Pronto wrote:Telling us how much you are willing to spend would also be of great help.
Should be willing and able :lol: :lol: welcome to the forum buddy.

Ramseynoah

Postby Ramseynoah » Fri May 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response guys. The lathe should be able to work on most metal materials plus should able to produce some relatively large work pieces of about 50 to 60 cm long. I have budgeted about $2500.
Truestory wrote:Should be willing and able :lol: :lol: welcome to the forum buddy.

Am willing and able of course :lol: :lol:

Return to “CNC laser, plasma, and lathes”