I AM LOOKING VACUUN CLEANER

Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments or in general things added to a machine to make it better
janMike

I AM LOOKING VACUUN CLEANER

Postby janMike » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 am

My CNC 6040 requires a vacuum cleaner. I want to make a small bracket that will be connected to the spindle while using a clear plastic to keep it safe from dust. I will use it mainly with PCM or aluminum material. I will however use it for wood at in some occasions. I am yet to make up my mind on attaching mechanism details. In this case, I am not sure on the kind of vacuum to use. I have been thinking of using Karcher MV2 but I am not sure if it is good enough for this job. Its positive side is that it is cheap and small enough to fit below the table that I am currently building.

janMike

Re: I AM LOOKING VACUUN CLEANER

Postby janMike » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 am

I was also considering placing a dust commander above a 10 Litre airtight container.
What is your view about this plan? Am I on the right track? Or am I missing something?

Stockman

Postby Stockman » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:53 am

Consider using something that is cylindrical in place of the container. This is because there is a possibility that the container will collapse at some point

janMike

Postby janMike » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks for the tip. I just had one problem in terms of height space. The maximum height space was 18 cm but I will raise it up to 28 cm. I found a 15L bucket with an internal bracing.

Return to “Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments”