Kress 1050 or Stepcraft HS Spindle

Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments or in general things added to a machine to make it better
GideonK

Kress 1050 or Stepcraft HS Spindle

Postby GideonK » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi guys,
Help me choose the right spindle. The materials I am currently using are becoming more robust. For this reason, I have to find a better spindle and leave the Dremel 3000. I have identified Stepcraft HS spindle and Kress 1050. The only difference that I know between the two spindles is the price. Stepcraft is more expensive. I however don’t want to use the price as a factor. Which one is the best and why?

Christinebassil

Re: Kress 1050 or Stepcraft HS Spindle

Postby Christinebassil » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:24 pm

GideonK wrote:Hi guys,
Help me choose the right spindle. The materials I am currently using are becoming more robust. For this reason, I have to find a better spindle and leave the Dremel 3000. I have identified Stepcraft HS spindle and Kress 1050. The only difference that I know between the two spindles is the price. Stepcraft is more expensive. I however don’t want to use the price as a factor. Which one is the best and why?

I am using Kress 1050 and it has some disadvantages. It is weightier and its diameter is too big. Thus you will need to modify it to fit the Stepcraft. But if you can modify it, it can work very well.

samBeth

Postby samBeth » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:26 pm

If you hate too much noise or you have very close neighbors, the avoid Kress. It produces some of deafening noise.

ButrosButros

Postby ButrosButros » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm

I have used both and I can single out some differences. Kress is powerful at the spindle. The HF 500 has a high spindle speed. Another advantage of the HF500 is that the on/off can be controlled using the software like UCCNC.

DaVinci

Postby DaVinci » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Despite the noise, Kress is my favorite. To lower the noise level, you don’t need to put it to full speed

Wembley

Postby Wembley » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Why spend more on HF500 when the Kress can do the same work? Kress is strong and will do the job fine. Register it and get up to 10 years warranty. Set it at about 16400-16500 rpm. Kress 1050 fits so well to several V2 models and is very perfect in SC-2 420

GideonK

Postby GideonK » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks guys, though I am a bit confused on which to go for. Both of them seem to work well.

Return to “Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments”