HElp/advise on Spindle Replacement

Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments or in general things added to a machine to make it better
Jahrastafarai

Re: HElp/advise on Spindle Replacement

Postby Jahrastafarai » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:21 pm

I totally agree with you on this. Many spindles last for more than eight years with proper care and good cutting methods. It is important to check on the kind of tooling you are using.

NwBie67

Postby NwBie67 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Why is this? :?: :?: :?:

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:28 pm

The reason is that most insert tooling are hard on the spindle than solid body. Okay, even a manufacturing defect can also be the reason why everything is going wrong but in most cases, I think it is due to the type of tooling methods employed.

5so95n
Site Admin

Postby 5so95n » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 pm

_Twain_ wrote:The reason is that most insert tooling are hard on the spindle than solid body. Okay, even a manufacturing defect can also be the reason why everything is going wrong but in most cases, I think it is due to the type of tooling methods employed.

Talking from experience, a grease lubricated spindles with a max speed below 24,000RPM has a typical life expectancy of 6,000 hours. However, many of such spindles will go for a longer time while others will fail long before their expected life elapses.

Villefiere

Postby Villefiere » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:34 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Yeah, the most common causes early spindle failures include inadequate dust cleanup procedures, balance tooling and spindle crashes more especially if the spindle is off at the time. There are also spindles that use air venture to cool the system, this machines seems to run too hot and as a result burning up bearings.

NwBie67

Postby NwBie67 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:38 pm

I am sorry if it looked like I ignored all your questions earlier. Okay, my spindle is a Colombo and w for our production do a lot of ramping for our production runs specifically cabinet vision. :oops:

On most occasions, we use a ½ inch and 3/8 inch two cutter flute to cut plywood and more often than not, we use a straight plunge on parts programmed. We don’t have any insert tools for CNC machines, so we don’t use any of the insert tooling on any of our production runs. To be clear, we just use Vortex tools.

_Twain_
Site Admin

Postby _Twain_ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Being sorry in the internet? This has got to be the precise definition of chivalry! :mrgreen:

NwBie67

Postby NwBie67 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Hey, I came here for answers and guys are really polite and helpgul around in this community. Gotta respect that - the least I could do is be civil. Some communities out there are teeming with hatred and bullyist attitudes. :|

Merdusa

Postby Merdusa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:46 pm

This is so... right? Politically correct. :roll:

phillitusmundus

Postby phillitusmundus » Sat May 02, 2015 6:10 pm

NwBie67 wrote:helpgul |

helpful FTFY

Return to “Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments”