The Pro 4*2 machine

Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments or in general things added to a machine to make it better
PembertonIII

The Pro 4*2 machine

Postby PembertonIII » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 pm

I would like to inquire on the procedures of tuning the Pro 4*2 machine.
Can anyone point me at a thread here? The base seems square, the Y axis is parallel but the X axis needs alignment to make it parallel to the base, while the Z axis is perpendicularly dead square.
In additional ton that i would also like to ask how level should i keep it. Checking with my digital Stabila level, it's "between the lines", and perfect in what I call "American Mode". But when I switch to "German mode", it is off a little at 0.05 degrees, is that close enough for accuracy (cutting guitar parts and fretboard inlays) ?

Thanks.

Jahrastafarai

Re: The Pro 4*2 machine

Postby Jahrastafarai » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:29 pm

I do agree with you, but I must say that I found it pretty easy to figure out based on the drawings and "tips" section, but mostly because I have 15 years of experience as a woodworker. As for me the only redo I ever had dealt with gantry to riser connection and was because I didn't pay attention to the tips section as to how many and in which way do bolts attach to the gantry.
Maybe this is an "open source" moment, and time to just start compiling a sticky post with contributions by the members/builders so it can be easily found?
Or maybe this is covered somewhere for similar machines (JoesCNC maybe?).

Tess

Re: The Pro 4*2 machine

Postby Tess » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 am

Joe's CNC..? I bet there is nothing like that.
I however wanted to say that i agreed with your thoughts.

Return to “Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments”