Older Fanuc Controls Not Working. Which is the best retrofit for the controls?

Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments or in general things added to a machine to make it better
Pronto

Older Fanuc Controls Not Working. Which is the best retrofit for the controls?

Postby Pronto » Sun May 10, 2015 12:51 pm

We have an ancient Fanuc [*] With the red-cap servo model 20S. We need to change the controls. Someone told us that Ajax retrofits would be great. Who has tried them? Are they any good?

n1h1l1st

Re: Older Fanuc Controls Not Working. Which is the best retrofit for the controls?

Postby n1h1l1st » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 am

I have never tried the Ajax controls but I am also curious to know if they are any good. :D

Shaddai

Re: Older Fanuc Controls Not Working. Which is the best retrofit for the controls?

Postby Shaddai » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi Pronto. Would you mind posting here a snapshot of the machine you are talking about? The name sounds familiar but i really can't place a finger on the machine itself. I think a picture of the same will go a long way in helping me see whether i could come up with a suitable solution for you.

QuothHe

Postby QuothHe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 pm

This is how Fanuc looks like Shaddai..
fanuc.PNG
fanuc.PNG (74.4 KiB) Viewed 1054 times

vinMax

Postby vinMax » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:14 am

Hi Pronto,
Did you find what you wanted?

Pronto

Postby Pronto » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 am

Thanks for the concern Max. I had gone m.i.a for some time but I am back now.. Saying hi to you guys and the Admin. About a month ago when I went back to the workshop with a friend, the guys there had almost gave up but the friend recommended some place where we could get some help. The Old Fanuc is now great inits functioning. I also learned that there are some improvements that will eliminate the usual costly repairs of the old fanuc controls. learn more at http://www.centroidcnc.com/fanuc_retrofit.html

vinMax

Postby vinMax » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:40 am

That's great.. Welcome back to the forum

Return to “Retrofits, spindles, cooling and attachments”