Robuster Printer

topics about 3D printers
DivinahJ

Robuster Printer

Postby DivinahJ » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 am

Greetings all,
Recently in a demo for a robuster printer that i attended i noticed that the pieces produced were very grainy and i started wondered whether that is something that could be refined at all.
Can these machines be self built? Apart from the nozzle the rest of the machine looks cheaply made.
Thanks in advance.

Digaga

Re: Robuster Printer

Postby Digaga » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:28 am

Check for printers from Badog CNC, that's where quality is assured.
Although some printer extruders give quite grainy finishes, it can always be tweaked. Optical type printers are the ones that acheive a higher quality finish, though they are a little bit more complicated.

Vwendetta

Postby Vwendetta » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:44 am

Hallo DivinahJ, The quality or price of the machine parts is does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the produce. Some builders use cheap materials for the non-crucial parts so as to give the consumers a competitive price.
Its not always true that building your own home made printer is as easy ass building any other cnc machine though i agree that you can still do it.

GeofryKen

Postby GeofryKen » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:56 am

Hey Vwendetta, i think building one's own printer would be a lot easier than building a home made router. This is because there exists more 'packaged' control options and several kits available for using in building robuster printer.

Vwendetta

Postby Vwendetta » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:18 am

Its very interesting to know that. The main reason why I had been thinking that it is more difficult that way is because I passed across numerous material of people having problems with feed, speed, temperature etc which are all related to building of components with filament.
I do know that there are complete kits with everything contained but to me they seem to be a quite expensive way of doing things.

Return to “3D printers”