Tribot

topics about 3D printers
falanyani

Re: Tribot

Postby falanyani » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Hey guys; what most of you need to understand is that 3d printing is perfect for making 3d items which most of them are complex to create when using other machines. Producing 3d objects using other machines wouldn’t be advisable because of the high cost that is incurred during the process. They are also not easy to operate as a matter of fact.

HollyMolly

Postby HollyMolly » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Well, it is as simple as this: 3D printing is largely and practically meant for mass production of cheap components. With all due respect, sir/madam, there is no place which this technology is stealing/ substituting work from other industries. I don't really understand why you are so bitter against 3D printing - even looking through your comment history. I would think that a person of your stature and expertise ought to know better.

Jeezman

Postby Jeezman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi guys, what of converting a router machine to a 3d printing machine. What’s the possibility of that happening? Why not purchase a new printer all the same? It’s too much effort to do the conversion. Um, am I right?

sars

Postby sars » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi dude, yes you can convert your machine be it a milling or a router machine to a 3D printer. It is an easy process that takes few hours of your time, and you are done.

instead

Postby instead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Wow, I like the way tech is morphing each day as they come. The innovation that surrounds them is simply astounding. The fact that you can change one machine into another is just literally like out of this world.

OldTraffordian

Postby OldTraffordian » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Halo, it is not that complicated to convert your existing cnc machine to 3D printer. I am a machinist and from experience, I found it straightforward. If your machine is a 3 axis, you could make it a 4 axis with by appending an axis motor driver. You could also add a temperature controller with sensors for temperature.
Your invaluable tools here will be a plastic extruder and software that can operate for a 3D printer.

pleb

Postby pleb » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:51 pm

I consider myself a hobbyist of these wide ranges of cnc machines. I am looking forward to having my own machine workshop. Well, I want to specialize in only one type of machine. It seems like 3D printers have so much to offer. Their capability is good from how they seem to work. Although am yet to make a decision. What I would be keen to know is whether they are just specialized for 3D production only?

3DPRO

Postby 3DPRO » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 pm

My view stands at what saves you time and money. I don’t see the need for purchasing a new 3D printer when you have another machine that can be possibly changed to what you want. This is especially if you’re not using the existing machine that you have. You can easily and most affordably convert it instead. Or is this not logic? Instead of wasting what you have you can make it more useful.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

OldTraffordian

Postby OldTraffordian » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 pm

To add to what you have said, converting a 3D printer to another machine is possible. The reversible is also very possible. You just need the right guidelines on how to go about it. The good thing about the printers is that they have secured their place in the hall of fame for being noiseless and providing a nontoxic environment for working.

T3hTig3r

Postby T3hTig3r » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello, am very thankful for the fantastic guide am getting from this discussion on machines. Am planning on doing a project on machines and hopefully that I will not be struggling with it at all. Cnc machines are interesting machines and surprisingly manageable to operate. Almost anyone with an interest in machines can operate.

Return to “3D printers”