Tribot

topics about 3D printers
Anon1121

Tribot

Postby Anon1121 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm

I am quite new here; I was redirected from the Google-search of "Amateur CNC operators" - as I was seeking to find like-minded people. So I just snug in, created a profile and thought I'd share something with you magnificent people. But let me stop being sentimental and get to what I needed to say.
Over the past years, there have been a number of machines released to the market that combine 3D printing, CNC and automated processes such as pick and plot. These machines include the FABtotum, ZeGo and Zmurph. These machines are meant for desktops, more specifically 3D printers with additional functions through exchanging extruders.

I am a proud owner of a Tribot machine - you can ask me anything about it.

AlmightyJackal9735

Re: Tribot

Postby AlmightyJackal9735 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Wow, that sounds really cool anon :D Show us what you got.

Marksman311

Postby Marksman311 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:34 pm

I have great respect of the people who still have the work ethic to do manual labor and still have the skills to use technology to help them through it. What is the general Description, and what does it do? :?: :?: :?:
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

Anon1121

Postby Anon1121 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:35 pm

With pleasure, Marks...Basically, TriBot machine is one of those special kinds of machines that combine CNC, 3D printing and molding under one functionality. If it were a person, we'd say that it is an all-rounded individual. The machine can to produce detailed 3D prototype from a wide range of materials including PVC, Polyethylene, Polypropylene while maintaining the strength required for manual milling. The print head and the extruder can go up to 400 Celsius during normal operation.

pleb

Postby pleb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey OP Sorry to be such a pain:I am looking for more specifics, I mean um, like features, coz I was thinking of looking for one myself. For science. :?

Anon1121

Postby Anon1121 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 pm

I have absolutely no qualm about it buddy. I am humbled; my bad for not clearing the air about this. I have just gone to the site where I first got to know about the specs of a TriBot machine and summarized them.
It has the following special features;
#.It has 11x5x11 operation area
#.3D printing stage plate
#.3NENA AND 23 steppers
#.Z axis ball screw of 0.2 pitches
#.BoX and Y Led screws
#.130 pound base mill converted to CNC
#.4 axis step and a driver using DC power supply.
#.Power strip with in build circuit breaker

#.A sample package of 3mm diameter of PLA printing filament
#.A tooling pack with the following components; vise, collet set, parallel set, T-nuts, mounting screws, step blocks, bar clamps.
#.Electronic enclosure with 2PIC digital temperature enclosure
#.Wheeled steel cart with two shelves
And more again
#.Desktop computer with Slic3r, MeshCam, Linux CNC, Linux operating system, Free CAD 3D drawing software. All these programs are installed and ready for use.
#.A filament injection mold head with Thermocouple and cooling fan, heater block with 280 watt heater cartridge
#.An extruder with 3D printer head and has the following; heater block with 100 watt heater cartridge, stainless steel with 1.5 inch tall cooper, Thermocouple and cooling fan.

pleb

Postby pleb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

wooow, :P :P :P man that is cool as shucks. I am bookmarking it man, thanks a lot buddy. : :lol: Bam! friended! I will pm you for more details when I am ready to go shopping.

Alligatore

Postby Alligatore » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Hey thanks a lot for the insightful comment thread. Very helpful indeed! Simply amazing anon - wish I could see your machine though :!:

Anon1121

Postby Anon1121 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm

This tool is meant for those individuals with dedicated interest in making their projects to come to life by using a heavy duty machines.

falanyani

When to use 3D printer, when to use CNC router? Still at crossroads… Please help!!!

Postby falanyani » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:02 pm

3D printers have received lots of attention since their introduction. Its ability to self-replicate by creating own parts is the main area of focus. CNC machines are automated and can work more efficiently. Are you still wondering whether to go for 3D or CNC machines? Go for printers, is all I would say. I am one of the strongest advocate of this tech, but people from certain quarters are still having doubts about it. I would like to have some closure on the topic. Please let me know what you recommend. :D

Return to “3D printers”