Check out this beauty...

Topics about imported CNC routers, machines and engravers from China, india or japan
Brentjamintheotter

Re: Check out this beauty...

Postby Brentjamintheotter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Yes there were just a few documentations I needed. Wiring is easy than you can imagine since everything is ready to be plugged in and the assembly of a CNC can be pretty neat if you have all the necessary tools. What you are required to do is screw on the servo’s and then click them in and you are good to go.

Arapsamoei

Postby Arapsamoei » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Yo OP: glad I got to this thread when it is active. That is hard to find nowadays. I will be going for one probably before the end of the season. I need some clarifications on the following questions
1. How easy or difficulty was it to get started?
2. Are there any issues such as overheating of the router during long cuts?
3. Did you use a parallel port or what to connect to you PC?
What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers?
Mechanical Engineers build weapons. Civil Engineers build targets.

Brentjamintheotter

Postby Brentjamintheotter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 pm

I am a novice programmer and I have a little background on mechanics to boot. Meh. Putting all other things together was easy. The worst case was generating the tool path and the software chain. This is how I handled it in the long run

For CAD design programs, I chose 123 3D design since it can export formats to STL files. Then I went for Meshcam in tool path generation programs because of its incredible offer. The program offers a free 15 day trial which can be extended to 30 days. The program is also easier to document than other programs I know. The program can also be used to export tons of formats of your choice but I use it to export Mach3 tool path files.
There are also free Linux programs to run your mill. For Chinese 3040z it is recommendable to use Mach3 and this is what I use. Mach3 allows loading of the dot(.nc) files hence steering your mill.

There are no overheating issues from the spindle but the servo motor heats up pretty well. To control the overheating, I have placed 80mm fans on the servo motor. Sadly, the machine came in without vents but the coolant on the aluminium frame does the same work. You require the vents; therefore check them as soon as your package comes in.

There was a parallel port controller that came in with the machine. But still I bought an $80 Asus J18001-A mini Itx with an LPT to act as a dedicated machine for the controller.

0.98-0000000g

Postby 0.98-0000000g » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Wow! Glad I asked! Thanks for your replies man. Great help. Cheers!

Brentjamintheotter

Postby Brentjamintheotter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Cheers too buddy. Have a nice one.

Marksman311

Postby Marksman311 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Nice to see people are making friends here.
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

Return to “Imported CNC routers and engravers”