Need Advice…

Small hobby routers and mills like the Badog, Artisan, CNC-shop, isel, k2, charly robot advice and experiences
Ultimate

Need Advice…

Postby Ultimate » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:05 pm

I want to purchase a CNC router but I am a bit confused on which direction to follow. I make Muskie lures (Fishing lures) which are approximately 12” by 2” by 1.75”. I do the cutting using a band-saw, then rout with a bench top and finally sand them with a hand sander. What option s do I have? I have a budget constrain of 8 grand. I will appreciate any help that will lead me to the right decision guys!
Cheers

30Minutes

Re: Need Advice…

Postby 30Minutes » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi, you are highly welcomed to this forum. Am sure you will get some good advice from these people.

Adept

Postby Adept » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Ultimate wrote:I want to purchase a CNC router but I am a bit confused on which direction to follow. I make Muskie lures (Fishing lures) which are approximately 12” by 2” by 1.75”. I do the cutting using a band-saw, then rout with a bench top and finally sand them with a hand sander. What option s do I have? I have a budget constrain of 8 grand. I will appreciate any help that will lead me to the right decision guys!
Cheers
I have 2 CNC machines that I built, but I am not sure if you are interested in building your own. I had very good experience in building the two machines. But it really requires willingness to do and to learn. If you are not into it, then I would advise you to for a commercial kit or a ready to use router.

Quixtra

Postby Quixtra » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:28 pm

What exactly do you want? A kit or a complete machine that is ready to be put into use?

Ultimate

Postby Ultimate » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Quixtra wrote:What exactly do you want? A kit or a complete machine that is ready to be put into use?
That is what I want you to help me decide on Quixtra.

Marksman311

Postby Marksman311 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:37 pm

If you do not want to build your own machine and you are limited to a 8 grand, then I would rather you survey Badogcnc and check on the lists f CNC’s that they provide.
Why procrastinate today? When you can do it tomorrow!

RedLine

Postby RedLine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:41 pm

As Marksman says, go to Badog CNC and check for some good machines. I have their Swiss Artisan 55 and I really love it. It is not complicated; you will learn to use it just under a week. They have a lot more machines that I am sure will help you.

Ultimate

Postby Ultimate » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Adept wrote:I have 2 CNC machines that I built, but I am not sure if you are interested in building your own. I had very good experience in building the two machines. But it really requires willingness to do and to learn. If you are not into it, then I would advise you to for a commercial kit or a ready to use router.
I wouldn’t mind building my own but I don’t want to take long in building. So it is better if I go to the shops. Let me consider the options that you guys have given.

Adept

Postby Adept » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:50 pm

When you decide to build your own, I will be more than willing to guide you. I have a list of good suppliers of parts and Software that you can choose from. During my build, I made some expensive mistakes so you can guess the experience. I don’t want you to go through the same.

Return to “Small hobby routers and CNC mills”