Badog X2 Machine

Small hobby routers and mills like the Badog, Artisan, CNC-shop, isel, k2, charly robot advice and experiences
Taraji

Badog X2 Machine

Postby Taraji » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 am

Hi guys,
I am new here and am also a newbie in small hobby routers. I recently bought a new badog x2 machine. I am unable to set the Zero in this machine. Any ideas on how to do this please?
Thanks in advance!

asselin22

Re: Badog X2 Machine

Postby asselin22 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 am

Taraji wrote:Hi guys,
I am new here and am also a newbie in small hobby routers. I recently bought a new badog x2 machine. I am unable to set the Zero in this machine. Any ideas on how to do this please?
Thanks in advance!

i can probably help, i have an Artisan 22 that i bought a while back but in order to set the zero,you are going to have to say what software or system you are using to control the machine?
for example im using Mach3 with the control module MikroNc3 for my badog, and what is yours?

Taraji

Postby Taraji » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm

i can probably help, i have an Artisan 22 that i bought a while back but in order to set the zero,you are going to have to say what software or system you are using to control the machine?
for example im using Mach3 with the control module MikroNc3 for my badog, and what is yours?

Hi Asselin,
I am using Mach 3

asselin22

Postby asselin22 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 am

To set the zero for the piece or for any piece this is what i do...
Make sure the piece is tighlty bound to the table and you have a tool on the milling head.
For the x move the machine so that the tool touches the piece along the y axis (dont turn on the milling head) when the tool touches the block click the number in the X box of Mach3 and write the negative radius of the tool then click enter. This will validate the position. Then move the machine so that the tool is touching the y line and impose the same way for the X position. Then for the z i usually gust pick a point and touch the top of the block with the tool and impose the height of the block (zero is at the block bottom). Hope it willl work, you can ask me anything if you have any kind of issue,i'll try to solve it with you. :)

Taraji

Postby Taraji » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Thanks Asseline. I am working on it and will reach you in case of any difficulties..

asselin22

Postby asselin22 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Taraji wrote:Thanks Asseline. I am working on it and will reach you in case of any difficulties..

you welcome, i'm here if you need anything,Badog is a great mahine don't worry :)

Return to “Small hobby routers and CNC mills”